Trend trading indicator MA filling Is a tool for filling with color the area located between two moving averages.
This method was implemented in the MT5 terminal, but in MT4 such a possibility was absent for a long time or was cumbersome to implement and did not guarantee a good visual effect.
Now this problem has a simple solution using the Easy Canvas library (located in the archive). For the indicator to work, it must be placed in the MQL4 Include folder.
MA filling indicator parameters
- Filling color – the color used to fill the area between MA;
- Transparent (0 – 255) – fill transparency: 0 – completely transparent, 255 – completely opaque;
- MA fast period – period for calculating the fast average in bars. Must be more than 0;
- MA slow period – period for calculating the slow average in bars. Must be more than 0;
- MA applied price – calculation price for both MA;
- MA method – calculation method for both MAs.
Trend trading indicator MA filling greatly simplifies the use of trading strategies based on the use of dynamic support and resistance zones, as well as trend trading.
Other effective indicators for trading